The P&C have committed to lease 100 laptops for the school. The laptops are split across 6 trolleys and receive daily usage without fail. They are so popular that the teachers have asked for more! The school has gone ahead and purchased the lease of another 50 with school funds to support this initiative.
Students use the laptops for a variety of purposes such as:
• Accessing Connect to interact with content and activities planned by teachers • Online programs, Mathletics, Literacy Planet etc • Research and inquiry learning
• Writing up project and classwork
• Producing presentations
Laptop leasing means that the school can:
- keep control over the content on the laptops,
- keep them up to date with the relevant software
- ensure control over the safety of our children when online.
It also means parents don’t need to purchase their children laptops – a big saving for us.